I’ve got a sweet guest post for you today. These adorable pumpkin cheesecakes come to you from Meredith K. on behalf of Reddi-wip. I think they’re the perfect treat to serve at your next holiday party or to round out your Thanksgiving dinner.
Halloween may be over, but pumpkin season is just getting started. Just because your Jack-o-lantern is headed for the trash bin doesn’t mean it’s time for your pile of pumpkin-flavored recipes to be stashed away until next year, which is excellent news for all us pumpkin-lovers! November and December are full of holiday parties, family get-togethers and general fall and winter festivities, meaning you’ll have plenty of reasons to indulge in pumpkin goodies galore in the coming weeks.
Pumpkin pie has always been the most popular pumpkin dish out there, but if you’re anticipating a pie-overload this season, these mini pumpkin cheesecakes are perfect for putting a little twist on your typical pumpkin dessert. These cheesecakes are made with a nutty walnut crust, filled with a creamy mixture of pumpkin, vanilla, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg, and finished with a dash of sweet whipped topping; is there any combination more perfect for the holidays?
Need another reason to make these cuties? They’re mini! Mini things are not only easier to serve to a crowd than are big desserts that need to be sliced or scooped, but they’re also lighter for when you just need a mouthful of something sweet—perfect for rounding out a huge holiday dinner. And if you can’t tell from all of the yummy ingredients, these cheesecakes are absolutely scrumptious.
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann’s® Original Stick
- 2 packages (8 oz each) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/2 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F (or to 300°F) if using a dark nonstick pan. Place paper liners in 36 miniature muffin cups.
- For the crust: Mix walnuts, 4 teaspoons sugar and the Fleischmann’s in a medium bowl until well blended. Press about 1 teaspoon of the walnut mixture firmly onto the bottom of each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 5 minutes; cool.
- Filling: Place cream cheese, pumpkin, 1/4 cup sugar, the sugar substitute, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the cloves and nutmeg in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add eggs one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Spoon evenly over crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled. Top with the Reddi-wip just before serving. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
- For bigger cheesecakes, substitute a medium muffin pan for the miniature muffin pan. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each of 12 paper-lined medium muffin cups; press firmly onto the bottoms of cups. Bake for 8 minutes; cool. Prepare filling as directed and pour evenly over crusts. Bake for 40 minutes or until centers are almost set.