Full disclosure: I’ve never seen an episode of Mad Men.
But what I have seen is guys and gals everywhere going crazy for a totally swingin’ ’60s aesthetic. We’re talking tulip skirts and boatneck sweaters, cufflinks and carefully parted hair.
So why not indulge your inner Betty Draper and host a vintage New Year’s Eve fete?
Grab a glass of champagne and take your time picking out an outfit, because we’ve already got your party playlist started:
- Frankie & Johnny, Brook Benton
- Botch-A-Me, Rosemary Clooney
- Lady Luck, Lloyd Price
- She’s a Fool, Lesley Gore
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Neil Sedaka
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight, The Tokens
- Hey Now, Lesley Gore
- Hey! Baby, Bruce Channel
- Rinky Dink, Dave “Baby” Cortez
- Talking About My Baby, The Impressions
- I Got a Woman, Ray Charles
- Ain’t Got No Home, Clarence “Frogman” Henry
- You Never Can Tell, Chuck Berry
- It’s My Party, Lesley Gore
- Let’s Twist Again, Chubby Checker
- Shotgun, Jr. Walker & The All Stars
- Wooly Bully, Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs
- Poison Ivy, Johnny Otis
- I Got You Babe, Sonny and Cher
- Duke of Earl, Gene Chandler
Need to download the tunes?
>> Retro New Year’s Cocktail Party Playlist (iTunes)
Want a printable CD label and CD sleeve?
(You could also cut the tabs off the sleeve and tuck it in a jewel case)