Halloween Leftovers: Candy-Covered Frozen Banana Pops
Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate?
How about peanut butter and chocolate and banana?
If (somehow) you manage to have any peanut butter candy left over from halloween, I highly suggest trying these out: Frozen bananas, coated in chocolate and sprinkled—ok, smothered with Reese’s Peanute Butter Cups and Butterfinger Snackers.
Elvis would be so proud.
It’s ridiculously easy, but you have to be patient letting those creamy bananas freeze up for hours at a time, and chopping candy into tiny crumb-sized pieces while you wait. It’s agonizing, but so worth it.
- 3 bananas
- 10-12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Several snack-size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or Butterfinger Snackers candies.
- Halve each banana crosswise. Insert a wooden stick into the cut end of each banana and lay them on a parchment-lined plate. Place the them into the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave, and pour it into a deep and narrow glass. Chop up your candy into small pieces.
- Holding on to the wooden stick, dip each banana into the melted chocolate, taking care to coat the banana completely. Quickly roll or sprinkle the candy pieces onto the chocolate coat. Place each banana back onto parchment and into the freezer to set until firm.