The #LanceLovesMichael Sparkling Orange Bourbon
Sorry it’s been a minute since my last post. I’ve been a bit busy with a fun new project—redesigning this website! I’m putting together a new home for my blog, and I can’t wait to share it with you soon. Just so there aren’t any bumps in the transition, make sure you’re following me on Twitter or Facebook to stay up to date.
Rest assured, even though I haven’t been posting as much, I’m still doing all kinds of silly ridiculous things. And the most ridiculous thing lately is how excited I am for Lance Loves Michael: The Lance Bass Wedding.
You guys, this is legendary. Tomorrow marks not only the first televised gay wedding, but also the historic day when Lance Bass officially breaks millions of girls’ and guys’ hearts by taking himself off the market. Well, I guess the wedding happened a while ago, but tomorrow night is the night that all the grown-ass-lady ‘N Sync fangirls will laugh and cry and celebrate for Lance and his new husband, Michael Turchin. And we’ll need a little something to drown our sorrows at missing the boat to be Mrs. Bass.
So here it is: The Sparkling Orange Bourbon. Bourbon for Lance’s roots in Mississippi, mixed with orange liqueur and orange bitters to honor Michael’s home in South Florida. And it’s all topped with champagne, because what’s a wedding without a little bubbly?
It’s inspired by an Old Fashioned, but the champagne softens the typically hard drink. Still, you should definitely like the taste of bourbon to tilt this one back.
- Sugar Cubes
- Orange Bitters
- Old Fashioned or Angostura bitters
- 1 ounce Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or other Orange Liqueur
- Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Place a sugar cube at the bottom of a champagne glass or rocks glass. Add a few drops of orange bitters and a dash of Old Fashioned bitters on top.
- Pour one ounce of bourbon and one ounce of orange liqueur into the glass. Top by filling the glass with champagne.
- Garnish with a twisted orange peel.